Friday, July 23, 2010

Preserving the Memories

After a somewhat lengthy hiatus from blogging . . . I'm back! I mean really!

Though I never stopped "reading" updates from my blogging pals, I had to stop commenting and posting so much as I was focused on other things.

I’ve been trying to make my way back for quite some time, but it was a birthday gift that kind put me over the top. My husband surprised me last month with a hardbound book of my four years of “Mommy Blogging.”

What an amazing gift! While I leafed through it a couple of times, it was actually my kids who couldn't put it down. They absolutely DEVOURED it.

It’s like when we were in school and the class year books arrived . . . you could focus on nothing else until you had seen every picture and snippet about yourself. Here was four years worth of tidbits, pictures and funny memories that they had previously been clueless about.

Suddenly I was being quoted at the dinner table, laughed about at family gatherings and asked to elaborate on various posts. Such fun!

So for all the many reasons I love blogging, really I’m back because of the gift it is to them . . . memories of their childhood captured forever.

3 comments:

Danielle said...

that is the exact thing that keeps me motivated to keep doing it! I always remember to write down the funny and touching everyday things on the blog but somehow forget to put them in the scrapbooks/memory books!

What a thoughtful gift your husband got you!! Go Dave! And thanks for all of the recent comments on my blog, Beth. It is an encouragment to know there are a few folks out there still reading:)

Just Mom said...

OH, HOORAY!

I've missed you and your regular posts. :-D

Anonymous said...

You were my inspiration to blog. Your blog was the very first one I read thanks to David posting your link. Little did I know where that would take me and the wonderful people I would meet along the way.

I'm so glad you are back. I've missed the updates on your family! I'm glad to see Kelly back as well. You two always bring a smile or a much need to thought my way.

By the way, I caught a glimpse of the haircut post...glad you kept the curls...he's too cute!

I know my kids don't really read my blog, but I hope someday they will look back at the posts I've written about our family and know how loved they have always been.