Monday, July 19, 2010

Bits of My Weekend-Volume 5

While trying to endure excessively high temperatures, we enjoyed a couple of outings over the week-end. On Saturday we celebrated my brother-in-law, Kent's, birthday. This is Nicholas "helping" Kent open his birthday presents . . . this has become the norm and everyone pretty much lets him do the opening.



This is my nephew, Caleb. Though he would never tell you so, he just was awarded the honor of "Best Trombone Player in the World" for ages 18 and under. This was quite an amazing accomplishment. He was selected as one of the three finalist and was flown to Austin to perform live. This Austin part was a little bit sad as each year this is held in a different location . . . and usually in a different country. Austin isn't much of a trip when you live a mere 5 hours away, but it was a very high honor nonetheless.



And this precious little one is my new niece Lily Faith. She is two and a half weeks old and has only been home for a few days. She spent the first two weeks of her life in the NICU after swallowing lots of water in the birthing process. She is our little miracle and is the sweetest little doll. One had to stand in line if they were going to hold her on Saturday . . . the line was quite long!



On Sunday we headed up to David's parents house on the lake after church. It was something like 105 and the water was something like 97—we are sweltering here in Texas! But the kids had a blast while Grandad took them tubing behind his boat.



Unfortunately Nicholas didn't get to go. He cried and cried but once again forced a smile when I pulled out the camera.



Marybeth made a wonderful lunch and we immensely enjoyed the fellowship. We're so blessed to have almost all of our family near us even though none of us are from Texas. Truly we are blessed indeed!

Be sure and read up on more bits at Six in the City!

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Awww, what a precious little baby girl! So glad to hear she is healthy and doing well now. Congrats to your nephew Caleb too. Wow!!!

Danielle said...

Oh my goodness...Nicholas's smile makes my heart melt! I bet he's a charmer!

michelle said...

What a FUN weekend! I love catching up with you this way:-)

Jen said...

Sounds like a great weekend! I need to hurry up and get my pictures uploaded and will have to tag them on the next edition of Bits of My Weekend

Stephanie Griffioen said...

You are blessed indeed to live so close to family. I've kind of taken it for granted until here recently knowing i'm moving to another country from family! I really enjoy your updates :-)

Betsy said...

Um...Ok. I've been following the wrong blog for years now. The one you rarely update. So glad I found this! Your kids HURT they are so cute. And Ashley's past cute. More like effortlessly gorge.