Monday, July 26, 2010

Bits of My Weekend-Volume 6

We started the weekend by catching the new flick Ramona and Beezus with my sister and neice (the extra kid is Elizabeth) . . . such a cute movie. I loved those books growing up. Don’t know if you can tell it from the picture, but my kids are getting rather tersty with Michelle and her Bits . . . okay, really they're just tersty with me and my camera—but it’s so much more fun to shift the blame.


Saturday morning I woke up to three boys sleeping on our bedroom floor. This is not new . . . Jonathan and Cole have been slipping out of bed somewhere in the wee hours for quite some time . . . but this is the first time I found Nicholas there too. What to do? What to do?




This is Ashley earning her loot for itunes, trendy threads and treats at the YWAM substation where she loves to hang out with friends. I’m so glad she’s back. During her week away at camp David decided Jonathan was old enough to take a stab at it . . . which led to a blue garden hose cut in half and wrapped around the cutting deck . . . which led to many hours of repair work . . . not to mention my beautiful magnolia tree which is no longer with us. Sigh. He’s eleven. Maybe next year.


In the afternoon David and I ditched the kids and headed out for some alone time. We stopped by Jon and Kelly's to check out their latest sodding project. While there we took a moment to check on their vineyard. This is my little nephew, Matthew, standing next to some very beautiful Concord grapes. They are about a week out from harvest. Jon and Kelly never cease to amaze us with their projects and undertakings.




We did some running around in Tyler and then met up with some good friends for some good eats at the Outback—very fun.

Since I wasn’t with the kids, I gave them my camera and told them to take some pictures while we were gone. (Didn’t want to miss out on any Bits). To ensure it’s proper protection, I informed Ashley that if it didn’t make it’s way back to me, her future wedding would be held in the back yard with hot dogs and paper plates. I believe strongly in giving good incentive . . . especially for the child who jumped in the pool with her cell phone in her pocket and accidently left her ipod on some outdoor bleachers at a track meet. I’m just sayin’.

Not wanting to disappoint their mother, this is what I found awaiting my return.




Freak me out already!

In my very nicest tone of voice I asked how high up that branch was. They informed me I didn't want to know. Nice.

The fun never ends over at Six in the City. Be sure to click on over to catch some more Bits . . . or even join in with your own.

7 comments:

Lisa H said...

Looks like a fun weekend! :)

So glad you're blogging again...I love it!

michelle said...

Cute crew. Yes, we too never know "who" we'll wake up to on sleeping on our bedroom floor.

Leah said...

Better the floor than the bed! :)

Abby loved seeing Ashley on the tractor... her cousin taught her a country song about a green tractor and she sings in non-stop!

Evita Gahagan said...

Vineyards?! In East Texas - SOO COOL!! I'm very VERY impressed. And I loved reading Beverly Cleary books growing up too. :-)

Beth said...

Oh Evita I know . . . Jon is so amazing. He studied up on it after spending some time in Italy . . . my little pictures don't even do it justice.

Heidi Jo Comes said...

oh you give me so much to look forward to! are you insinuating that the patience i lose now, is minimal to what i will have to endure when they are pre/teenagers!? ugh...good thing God has a few year to change me!

Sohailah said...

I LOVE that you're blogging again! I didn't know!