Wednesday, January 31, 2007

A Moment Not Easily Forgotten


(Posted by Request)
A few years ago David was driving in our neighborhood when a tiny, little dog ran out in the street in front of him. Like all conscientious neighbors, he stopped and honked his horn several times so the dog’s owners would realize their precious little pet was in harm’s way.

Unfortunately, no one came running from the house to rescue the little guy. Being such a wonderful and thoughtful guy, he decided to just park there for a few minutes while continuing to honk his horn—patiently waiting for the neighbors to respond as he could see them in their front room.

In the middle of his honking-fest he heard a loud whistle. Looking off to his left, he was quite horrified to learn his honking was not going unnoticed. Approximately a hundred or so confused and angry eyes were fixed on him—he was rather rudely interrupting a funeral taking place in the cemetery on the other side of the street!

16 comments:

Teresa said...

Oops! :)

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH! That's hilarious!!!:):)
Lacy

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious!!! Oh my goodness! What did he do then? Just leave?

Anonymous said...

Oh my, he had an Alicia moment. (Don't tell her I said that)

shannon said...

Very funny. Who's request?!

Sohailah said...

so so funny!

Debbie said...

That's a great story. I think the dog did that on purpose to embarrass people.

Anonymous said...

hmmm, that would make it to my top most embarassing moments. by the way, snowball is back!!!

Anonymous said...

I want to know who requested the story to be posted. I think that conversation would make a good post!

Karenkool said...

It sounds like my old demon dog snickers found her way to Texas! She's good like that, ya know.

I love your Dave stories!!!

michelle said...

I can relate...so many good intentions gone bad. :-)

Lisa H said...

That is SO embarassing! I bet it wasn't so bad for David, he is pretty good at laughing at himself!

Anonymous said...

I'm guessing that Dave was not the one who requested you post this story... : )

Michelle said...

AHH!! THat is hilarious! And a little sad depending on who's shoes you are in...I bet he felt like a shmo...ahh I hate when that happens.

Stolmit said...

That's hysterical. (1) I didn't know Dave was an animal lover, (2) He should have got out from the car and took the dog home for your kids, and (3) Did this take place at a pet cemetary?

When my mother passed away, our dog, Elmer Fud Stone Stout, went crazy on us. We'd take Elmer to the Oak Hill Cemetary in Troy, PA and he would scratch at the car door until we'd let him out. Then Elmer would run diretly to my mother's grave site and start whinning and digging. It was really sad to watch. We eventually stopped taking Elmer to visit Mom's grave.

I'm not sure where that story came from but I'm learning right now to write from that "open place" without editing. It's therapuetic. Did I spell that right? Therapuetic?

jacki said...

LOL, that is terrible!