Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Mama’s Big Helper


Cole and Nicholas
Originally uploaded by Beth.
While feeding Nicholas . . .

Cole: (Sitting in front of a pile of Lincoln Logs) “Mom, will you help me build a house?”

Me: “Not right now, Cole. I’m feeding the baby.”

Cole: “Mom, will you get me some apple juice?”

Me: “Not right now, Cole. I’m feeding the baby.”

Cole: “Mom, will you get my Weebleville down?

Me: “Not right now, Cole. I’m feeding the baby.”

Our interaction went on much like this for the entire feeding. I then put Nicholas up over my shoulder to burp him. While I was patting his back, Cole came over and started patting my arm.

Me: “What are you doing, Cole?”

Cole: “I’m burping you, while you burp the baby!”

9 comments:

Michelle said...

haha thats cute!

Michelle said...

what a cutie!

Anonymous said...

Do these two little guys look like brothers or what? Sooo cute!

Karenkool said...

How adorably cute! It's always an adjustment for those young siblings to not be the youngest anymore. I want to hear about it if Cole picks up a stuffed animal and tries to breastfeed it. HAHAH I remember a couple of my kids pretending to do that. Not meaning to assume that you are or aren't breastfeeding... Am I allowed to talk about this on a blogsite--LOL.

Lisa H said...

What a thoughtful little guy! :) He looks so cute in that picture holding Nicholas! It sounds like he's getting it figured out!

Anonymous said...

Too sweet!
Michelle F

Unknown said...

I am so thrilled to see Cole looking so happy! and so sweet! What a cute picture. Thanks

jacki said...

That picture is so cute of those two!

Anonymous said...

I love kids, they rock my stinkin' world. (And I am blessed to be able to work with children for my job.)

It's stories like this that make me smile, CHildren's train of thought is so different than ours.