Tuesday, July 25, 2006

The Queen Has Left Her Post


Jonathan the problem solver
Originally uploaded by Beth.
I have a very happy three year old jumping up and down next to my office chair squealing, “Told you, Mom! Told you! Told you!”

Yesterday after violin lessons, my nephew Jon Michael sent Cole out the door with a parting gift: A cute little fire engine that was missing batteries. When we got home, Cole begged me for batteries for the toy. It takes three AA. I tried four sets of batteries. I assumed there was a problem with either the batteries or the fire engine—I couldn’t get it to work. Cole kept begging me to “fix” it and I kept telling him it couldn’t be fixed.

Okay, maybe it’s me. Evidently Cole gave up on me and asked Jonathan to fix it. It is presently filling up our house with bright, flashing lights and really loud, obnoxious sounds that only a three year old can truly appreciate. Thus there is a very delighted child standing at my side deriding my once held status as “Queen of All Problem Solving.”

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry, Beth! For the noise and the loss of title.

Anonymous said...

that was Shanyge, by the way...I am on a foreign computer...

Michelle said...

Oh, that's too bad :-) .....the noise....That might need to be a toy that somehow "disappears" in the dark of night while children are sleeping. Surely I'm not the only one who does something that mean. :-)

Anonymous said...

Why is it that those toys are always the kids favorites?
PS I found a special picture for Ashley of Alicia in glasses when she was little. I will post it just for her to see...

Lisa H said...

That's funny, Beth! I'm not sure that's a title I've ever held in my house. For me it's more like, Queen who can break anything! :)