Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy Birthday America!


Happy 4th of July!
Originally uploaded by Beth.

"The patriot who feels himself in the service of God, who acknowledges Him in all his ways, has the promise of Almighty direction, and will find His Word in his greatest darkness, a lantern to his feet and a lamp unto his paths. He will therefore seek to establish for his country in the eyes of the world, such a character as shall make her not unworthy of the name of a Christian nation...." —Francis Scott Key, 1812

*Speaking of birthdays, a couple of weeks ago we celebrated David's 38th. I wanted to post the story of his remarkable birth, but felt I couldn't do the story justice. I asked his mother to write it up. She is a very, energetic and busy person . . . but "The Rest of the Story" is now available for your viewing pleasure at "Created to Be a Helpmeet.” She even has baby pictures of David and Jon! Feel free to visit, but let me warn you: It's a little bit graphic. If you've never been through a birth (other than your own), it might be a little more than you bargained for. Happy reading!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay i am feeling like a stalker, let me assure I am not. I am a GI who is avoiding some good planning time for next year. I thought maybe I would take a break for a second and have found that after I stumbled to your husbands site and now yours I have spent nearly an hour reading all of your posts. Your love for your family is precious, these stories are worth far more than gold. You should write a story filled with their comments and pictures. It would probably end up being a classic Mother's and Father's Day present. Anyway, I just thought there is no way I could read all of these stories and not tell you how much they have touched my life. After I graduate I am moving near to my family, and I am really looking forward to having so much time with my little sisters! Thanks for sharing all of your beautiful stories.
- Ashlegih

Anonymous said...

Beth, what a nice comment from Ashleigh. That's how I feel every time I read your blog. Like I've said before, your children will rise up and call you blessed! I know first hand what a wonderful household you have ( well second hand). I pray for you as a mother that these gems will never forget the time, love, and wisdom that you are instilling in them each day. It's a neverending job, but the rewards are so worth the effort. Love to you always my new friend.

Shanygne said...

I dont' think I know what email you are talking about... Do you have it??

Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»