Friday, July 21, 2006

The Eternal Optimist


So easily delighted!
Originally uploaded by Beth.
A couple of days ago my sister-in-law, Kelly threw a really great shower for me. Assuming Cole was going to be our last baby, I had given almost everything away. What an amazing outpouring of love from so many Teen Mania friends, family and others.

I came home overloaded with lots of colorful bags full of wonderful gifts. I was carrying several when Cole spotted me from across the room. With a huge grin, animated face, and glee in his questioning voice he squealed, “Presents for me?!”

Oh if only in these moments you could answer, “Yes!” to such a hope filled question. My brain did work quite rapidly though, and I thought of all the little toys Kelly had tucked away here and there on an amazing “cake” she had made out of diapers.

Cole was delighted by the little toys . . . and I was quite glad he didn’t seem to mind that all the clothes were rather small.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beth, I heard it was a wonderful time. I'm glad your friends had a time to bless you, you so deserve it! Cole will always be your baby even when he is grown and has to look down at you to talk to you :) He is such a keeper. What a little blessing.

Anonymous said...

Jon gets back about 4pm but he has to speak tonight to all the leaders at 7pm...no cards tonight. Maybe tomorrow night? I don't think he's speaking then?
By the way, rest easy...it wasn't Ashley. It was first thing in the morning and the milk was still cold. I had to have done it when I was fixing Jordan's morning bottle but I don't remember it in the slightest.

Lisa H said...

What a sweet picture! It's so hard for those little ones to understand that all presents just aren't for them! My brother's birthday is this weekend, and Henry says they are going to "share" the birthday!

Michelle said...

haha thats cute...my mom always feels bad when it's one of my little cousin's b~days and their other brothers and sisters dont get presents. It doesnt matter how old they are she will say "I have to get them something they wont understand". Needless to say they always look for her on B~days. :)

Cole is adorable!

Michelle

Unknown said...

That was great quick thinking on your part. I couldn't believe my thank you note IN THE MAIL 2 days later! You are SO organized and on top of things.

betsy said...

Beth, when is your due date? I keep expecting to see that you've had a baby - and did you ever come up with a name?

Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»