Friday, June 09, 2006

Such A Darling Bear


The Cookie Lover
Originally uploaded by Beth.
Ashley has been honing her skills in the kitchen. The other night she made chocolate chip cookies and asked if she could put them in a cookie jar I had stashed away. I had forgotten I even had the little guy—a ceramic teddy bear dressed in an old fashion suit.

The new addition to our kitchen counter was quite the attraction for Cole. Several times during the day Cole could be found gazing up at the bear with delight in his eyes.

Later that evening we were in the living room when we heard a loud crash followed by loud crying. David and I ran to kitchen immediately realizing what had happened. Cole had climbed up to help himself to a cookie.

We were quite fearful about the level of injury because his cries were so loud. I picked him up and asked if the lid had fallen on his head. “Sob, sob, sob . . . NO.” He could hardly talk he was crying so hard.

“Did the loud crash scare you?” “Sob, sob, sniffle, catch his breath . . . NO!” “Does it hurt anywhere?” “Sob, sob . . . NO!”

By this time I was starting to realize the loud event of the bear’s head shattering on the ceramic tile had simply scared him—or possibly he knew he had just been caught sneaking a cookie without asking. None the less I continued my questioning, “Cole, why are you crying?” “Sob, sob . . . Because he was such a darling bear. He had such a cute little nose!”

9 comments:

Michelle said...

Ohhhh, how cute. Hey- maybe Ashley could make chocolatie chip cookies and you all could take them with you when you go camping?

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT!!! Yes, Beth, if Angelina can give birth in Nambia, I definately think you should venture out to the back 40 armed with chocolate chip cookies...at least there aren't bears out there...darling or not! And no, I will not be visiting you the weekend that you decide to go camping :)

Anonymous said...

Once again, are you sure you can't send him to Michigan? His red hair looks like Lindseys.

Anonymous said...

What a sweetheart... it must be hard to punish him when he is bad, he is so cute!

Anonymous said...

Aw.. how sweet!! I am so glad that you are blogging again. I missed reading what you had to say.

Anonymous said...

Cole is too precious!

Anonymous said...

Near Eastern includes...Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, and Yemen. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, Mrs. Hasz, I was just cruzin though the world of xanga and I ended up here. Your kids are pretty darn cool. That's awesome that Ashley and J started violin lessons, I just might have to brush up my skills as a fiddler and come over and we'll have a good ol' time. Have a good and blessed day.

Anonymous said...

Oh, yeah, I forgot that I wouldn't have a picture. The above and this is Joe Bellinger. :^)