Saturday, June 10, 2006

Not So Ready


My Helpers
Originally uploaded by Beth.
This pregnancy is quite different than all my other ones. Usually by month five I have the baby’s room ready to go and our suitcases packed for the hospital. I like to be way out in front when it comes to being prepared.

This time around I’m down to weeks and I still have a long way to go. It kind of wearies me to think about it. Maybe it has something to do with my doctor calling the other day and telling me to start taking iron—my last blood test read that I am anemic.

I have now been taking the iron for several days, and am happy to report I have the curtain rods up, the paint finished, and the bedding and accessories ordered.

Yesterday David was debating whether or not to go cut down more trees out of the front yard. At 100 degrees and holding, it was not something I thought he should be doing. I suggested we work on the baby’s room (Meaning I sit in the rocker and tell everyone else what needs to be done). He then decided those trees couldn’t wait any longer.

It’s okay. As the nursery comes together we are simultaneously taking down loads and loads of trees and putting a deck up. Our three acres of forest is actually taking on the simulation of a yard. I have picked out a really great jungle gym for the kids . . . just waiting to have a nice big open patch of grass to build it in.

Until then, we continue to prepare for this baby’s arrival. Now, if only we could agree on a name . . .

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love how you entice me with Pizza Hut and Moroccan :) I can be tempted oh so easily...but that all pales because I want to get to know the latest Hasz baby!

Anonymous said...

My daughter Jenna told me that she's worried about how much I love your children. She finds it strange since I really don't know them. To me it's like reading a great book, getting to know the characters as real people, and having a sense of sadness when it's all over because you miss them when the book ends. After three years of wonderful stories I'm thrilled that the book does not have to end come August when Alicia leaves TM. Thanks for the blog Beth. It always warms my heart. Your a great mom!

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see your yard! All that work must have been after helping move! Go Dave and Beth! Let me know how I can help you!

Anonymous said...

I'm a little behind on the name game here, but I thought I would leave a suggestion anyway! I think the name Josiah is beautiful...it means "God has healed". I like Josiah Kennedy (even though it sounds "presidential") or you could tack on a family name...maybe Josiah David. Anyway, thank you for sharing about your life! I love to read your stories!! :)

P.S. I was an intern Aug. 01/02...and worked with Christina Lowery and Lacy Usry (Chambers).