Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Little Britches


The Half-Clad Streaker
Originally uploaded by Beth.
Using the potty is still fairly new for Cole. It is consequently quite common to see him walk through the house with just a shirt on. His shorts and unders are usually found somewhere near one of our four bathrooms. Thus it is not unusual to have an interaction like the one I just had.

Me: “Cole, where are your britches?”

Cole: “I can’t find them. I keep losting them.”

He then goes on with whatever he is doing—at this particular moment it is eating a banana. The unders and shorts will only be retrieved and properly attired on his body when I actually go and do it myself. Can any one tell me how long this stage will last?

4 comments:

Michelle said...

At least he doesn't think the toilet is just a comfortable chair to have a conversation in. This is Lily's interpretation. Doesn'r someone have a "boot camp" for potty training I could send my child to?

Anonymous said...

Beth, I'm sitting here in tears at your comment to Michelle about Ashley's little song. That is the best!

Shanygne said...

At least you live in the country??
Someday he MUST find the benefit of pants, right??

Anonymous said...

Cole is so great, I can't wait to meet him.

I am unable to leave a comment on your Potential Names site for some reason, but I thought of a couple more names: Have you ever heard of the name Cadence, I guess you could call him Cade for short. Tanner and Taylor are good names.