Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Life Doesn't Get Much Better Than This


Cole at the dinner table
Originally uploaded by Beth.
Every day is a happy one for Cole. He delights in the smallest of things. His world is playing with trucks, trains, blocks, and the kind of loud toys only "beloved" relatives buy. He watches his favorite programs on Noggin, rides on his growing collection of bike-type mobiles, colors pictures, puts band-aids on his owies (both real and imagined), helps me in the kitchen, and frolics with the cat.

Cole has an uncanny ability to make the world laugh. A couple of weeks ago during a meal he held corn in his little boy spoon and said, “A-bra-ca-da-bra, corn be gone” while simultaneously flipping the corn behind him. After reducing us all to laughter he quoted Jerry the Gourd from Veggie Tales, “You want a piece of me?” It’s probably not helping his character development that we laugh at these antics instead of correcting him.

It is a treat to secretly watch Cole’s nightly routine when we’re saying grace at the dinner table. He starts out with his hands folded and his head bowed. At some point he lifts his face, squints slightly with one eye and looks around at everyone else. Just before the amen he resumes his starting position of reverence. After his first bite he squeals out, “I peeked!”

I love it that I get to be Cole’s mommy. Sometimes he puts his face right up next to mine, scrunches up his nose, grins like a cheetah and says, “Love you, Mom.” Life doesn’t get much better than this.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love hearing Cole stories - Dave amuses us at some of our HA meetings. He is definitely a cutie!

Michelle said...

What a cutiepie. Great story. Aren't you glad you have it documented so you never forget it? Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Mrs. Hasz has a blog? Nice to see you. I remember being an intern at the HA and all of us constantly wondering what you looked like. One day, we were all outside for a picture of the entire ministry by the fountain and somebody drove in and we all thought it was you. So everyone was all excited that we might get to see Mrs. Hasz. :-P
Haha, good memories. :-)

Anonymous said...

Wow, sure brings back wonderful memories of three little girls at our dinner table. I long for those days as my daughters have grown. The stories I've heard about your babes have blessed my heart. I've been praying for you. Can't wait to hear the outcome of the baby's name. Sure hope Alicia gets to spend some time lovin on those kids before she comes back to Michigan. ~Ginger Behrens

Anonymous said...

Beth, it's so fun to find your site! I will definitely read it often...you can see mine at www.xanga.com/lacychambers if you want. I miss all of you so much! I wish I lived closer to help!
Stay in touch!
Lacy:)