Monday, May 15, 2006

Tough Toodles


Cooking in the kitchen
Originally uploaded by Beth.
Being pregnant isn’t what I consider one of the “funner” things in life. My first few months are pure misery because I get so sick. I have thus twice in life scheduled appointments for a tubal; twice in life I canceled. The cancellations were the two best decisions I’ve ever made . . . the results of course being Cole and the coming little guy.

Most who look into my world might envy the way I’m treated “In my Condition.” My mother does our laundry, Beth does all the cleaning, and my husband does everything else: Cooking, dishes, grocery shopping, errands . . . you know, all the mom stuff.

My Aunt Ninnie (83 and going strong) told me not everyone has it so good when they’re pregnant. Some husbands would say, “Tough Toodles” and expect you to just get back in the kitchen. Well, I know I usually take him for granted, but I’m really glad I don’t have a “Tough Toodles” kind of husband. His heroics during my pregnancies rival Oprah’s "Mother of the Year." He should have been the one honored on Mother’s Day . . . but I gladly accepted all the gifts and accolades on his behalf. David, of course would rather not be considered for "Mother of the Year." I've got just one thing to say to that, "Tough Toodles."

4 comments:

Michelle said...

"Tough Toodles" is my new favorite phrase :-)
I'm so impressed with how well you have trained your husband. You could do seminars across the country about that. Women would come from all over!

Anonymous said...

Beth, congrats on the new baby, how wonderful! It is so nice to see pictures of you, David, and the kids, thanks for posting them!

Lynda

Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»