Saturday, November 08, 2008

My Sentiments Exactly!


The song you are about to listen to is from a Las Vegas Diamond Rio concert. They received an immediate resounding standing ovation, and continue to do so every time they perform it. Although Diamond Rio has never before done a statement song, they felt compelled to record "In God We Still Trust." Sadly major radio stations wouldn't play it because it was considered 'politically incorrect'. Consequently, the song was never released to the public . . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The first time I heard this I cried. It's very powerful. The sad part is that it was followed by an email from someone close to me raking me over the coals for my beliefs and political convictions. I guess her view of the song took a different meaning than it did for me and that really broke my heart.

briezzyh said...

you can get the song on itunes :) I've never been one for much country music but there are a few songs, like this one that I make an exception for because of how powerful they are.