Friday, November 07, 2008

Let It Be

The other day, while running errands in the mall, I was just getting ready to leave when I noticed off to my left a haircutting shop with a $12 sign outside. Spontaneously, I thought, “The time has come.” Just as I was getting ready to maneuver Nicholas’ stroller in the right direction, a middle-aged man was walking by going the other direction. Suddenly he stopped, walked back a few steps and said to me, “Oh, that hair is too much! He has perfect hair!”

I promise you, I DON’T MAKE THESE THINGS UP!! What’s up with that?! Here I was on the verge of giving in to the pressure (not sure whether it’s imagined or real) to get my young son’s hair cut . . . and here before me was someone validating my deep down desire to just let it be. I LOVE Nicki’s red, moppy, fly in the wind curls.

So whether the man was human or an angel unaware, Nicki still has his curls . . . and I’m clinging to the 80’s for as long as I can.

1 comment:

Heidi Jo Comes said...

don't give in when your heart says otherwise. there will ALWAYS be someone who disapproves.

such a blessing to have an angel step in!