Friday, November 30, 2007

Santa's Helper

Okay, Ladies. It’s that time of year again . . . time to buy that perfect gift for yourself from your husband.

What? That takes the fun out of it? Where is the surprise element?

Ladies, don’t kid yourself. Have you ever truly liked the gift he picked out for you? Or better yet, the one his personal assistant picked up? (After he told her what to buy, of course). Has he ever been able to actually remember any of the little hints you gave him from Thanksgiving Day all the way up to Christmas Eve?

After fourteen Christmas’ with my husband, I finally decided the best way to get what I really want, really like, with the price tag being just right, I decided to buy it myself. My husband’s response:

“You are the woman! You are the most amazing wife in the entire world! You don’t even understand how great this is!”

So ladies. Release him from the burden. Make your Christmas merry. GO BUY YOUR CHRISTMAS PRESENT!

Oh, and if you happen to ask him afterwards if he’d like you to wrap it as well . . . it's probably safe to assume his response will be similar to the one I got from mine, “That would be awesome!”

12 comments:

Just Mom said...

I buy Christmas presents for myself all year. :-D

Heidi Jo Comes said...

i'm with aisha. i buy stuff for myself while i'm out christmas shopping with the intent to let the kids and dad put it under the tree for me...but then i think, "oh that gray sweater would be great for that christmas party we're going too." and you know, by christmas i've worn or used it all already:0)

you are the 'woman'! and it's so cool that david acknowledges it!

Anonymous said...

Funny story!!! Is that orange spot I see on the tree his favorite ornament??? LOL!!!

J-Lynn

Beth said...

Can you believe it, J-lynn?! It's still an ongoing battle with that crazy Denver Broncos ornament!!

Danielle said...

okay, I thought I was the only wife who did this??? Obviously we are a group of women who's love language IS NOT Giving and Recieving gifts. My sister flipped out when I told her I bought my own Christmas present from Conrad last year! ha!

Anonymous said...

You mean David is not perfect? Wow, my image just got shattered. LOL.

Shanygne said...

Just getting caught up! I can't believe you were mugged in East Texas!! Glad you were able to smile and find that you were being protected that day...

Love the Picture of the kids! sooo cute. and that pic of Ashley! yikes!!! She really looks her age in that one.. so beautiful... Kevin said so, too.

And I had him read this post... he laughed, no comments other than..."that is awesome" I know he was actually on the ball this year and has a gift already bought, so not sure if that meant "that's a great idea" or "that's so funny"...

MIss you!! We need to do lunch again soon.

Anonymous said...

hi this is Stephanie Tuott. your friend from Minneapolis - Simeon Wiechmann's sister. sorry that i did not get back to you right away. there is really no great excuse so sorry. I had fun reading a few of your blogs. you should make a nice book out of those entitled - "The Life of a Godly Women" or something like that. love you hope that you get this. you can e-mail me at www.myspace.com/lightpinklady
love you

michelle said...

I could totally hear David saying that! Too funny.

I like the other women tend to buy my own presents or tell Skyler to show daddy what I have told her I want. She's great..she'll nag at him til it is under the tree.

Anonymous said...

I think you are one smart woman. I want to know what you told him to buy you!

Jen said...

THat is funny! Craig and I have stopped buying gifts for each other and instead buy a big gift together. One year we got our digital camera, that was my idea. The following year, we got surround sound. That was Craig's idea. This year we have bought him speakers for his truck and I got a china hutch. I think we are done!!!!

Karenkool said...

YUP! But reverse it for me--Terry buys me amazing gifts (of course I give him a list of ideas--but he usually gets ALL of them) and yet, I can't seem to shop for him. He usually returns the things I get him to get what he really wants. Oh Bother! So now, he must show me EXACTLY what he wants on the internet and then I tell him to walk away while I make the purchase (hahah--real surprising).