Thursday, August 23, 2007

Name That Product

Last night when I was playing Jonathan in a game of Scrabble, the unfortunate happened. The pen I was using to keep score with exploded all over the pants I was wearing—which just happened to be my favorite!

I tried everything in my laundry room . . . Shout, color-safe bleach and Oxy-clean. The stain is still there.

Eight years ago, when Jonathan was a baby, a young man came to my door selling “stuff." Not particularly interested in the “stuff,” I did feel somewhat sorry for the young man who seemed to be having a rather bad day. So, thirty-eight dollars later (my husband after all these years has come to expect such things from me) I was the possessor of “stuff." It was approximately a 24 oz bottle of stain remover . . . which I soon found to be the BEST product I have ever purchased in my life!

The young man claimed it would remove ANY stain. My husband just so happened to have an ink stain in the pocket of a pair of pants that had been there for over a year. Since it didn’t really show, he was still able to wear the pants.

Giving the product a try, I picked that particular stain to start with. Within seconds the stain was GONE!! That was the most difficult difficulty I put before the powers of the 24 oz bottle. With flying colors it easily removed all of Jonathan’s babyfood stains, Ashley’s paint, dirt and the like.

Oh what I wouldn’t give for a 24 oz bottle of that young man’s “stuff” today. Does anyone out there have a clue as to what that product might have been? I have no recollection of the name, and I’ve never seen it in stores. But now I’m putting the powers of the internet to the test. Please, someone, name that product.

6 comments:

Jen said...

If you do find it, let me know!!! Sounds like wonderful stuff.

Anonymous said...

Not sure what it is, but my mom just gave me a bottle of something from the $1 store. It's called "LA's totally Awesome." It's no acid, no ammonia, no bleach, non-flammable and boy, does it work on everything! I haven't checked the internet to see if you can get it there, but it's made by Awesome Products, Inc.
Let me know if you want me to send you some. It's worth a try.

Shanygne said...

wow..if you find it, you had better do an ad on your blog! You;'ve got us ALL wanting some, now!

A friend of mine always said that 1 part ammonia and 1 part clear dishwashing liquid and 1 part water was a miracle stain lifter... I have found it to be pretty good - even on red dirt. Lately, I have tried Shout Advanced and been very happy... dried in baby poop and set in grease stains gone... worth a try!

Just Mom said...

"Amazing Stuff"???? That was obviously a lame guess.

Ginger's product sounds promising...

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you're talking about. It's called Wonder Cleaner and I was sold the same way you were. My seller was pretty compelling but at the end of the day, I purchased it because I felt bad for him - but the stuff is great! The web site is: http://www.advanage.com/
I hope this helps!

Anonymous said...

It was probably called "TECH". If memory serves me properly; that is how we got our first bottle.

Now we buy it at the local vacuum store as you can also use it on carpeting.

Good luck with finding something that works!