Monday, January 22, 2007

Henry’s Here!


Cole and Henry
Originally uploaded by °Beth.
A few months ago something very exciting happened in Cole’s world—his cousin Henry moved to Texas!

Cole and Henry make a good pair. They both love trains, fast cars and Go, Go Diego (the male counterpart to Dora the Explorer).

Cole has spent a great deal of time with Henry . . . visiting the Science Place, the Caldwell Zoo and the Brookshires Museum and the Lindale Park, not to mention the trampoline in his backyard.

The other day Cole was VERY excited because he knew this was the day Henry was coming over to play. From the moment he woke up he kept asking me when Henry was going to get here. I kept replying, “In a few minutes.”

His dad was delayed a little bit because of some cement work they are needing done . . . and the guy stopped by on that particular morning—meaning Cole’s anticipation was drawn out even more. But at last I heard Cole squeal with delight, “Henry’s here, Henry’s here, Henry’s here!” What fun these two cousins have together.

7 comments:

Heidi Jo Comes said...

Beth apparently you haven't had to watch as many hours of Go Diego Go or you would not have muffed the title:-)

Cousins are awesome. I didn't grow up with any at ALL. Now that my kids have tons and tons I am sad that we aren't physically close enough to see any of them weekly!

Lisa H said...

They really do have fun together, don't they? Henry just loves spending time with Cole!

What an absolute blessing to live close enough that they can hang out with each other all the time!

By the way, Henry is still enjoying the box of goodies that Cole gave him last week. He is currently napping and has the plastic giraffe and the stuffed red dog in his bed with him!

Michelle said...

awe that is really cute...my cousin Autumn and I grew up like that and were best friends (and pretty much connected at the hip)all the way through high school...we now work together and live a block away from each other. I dont know what I would do without her...it is such a blessing having someone that knows you inside and out and understands you completely without judgement.

I pray this is the beginning of such a friendship between these two boys :)

jacki said...

ooOOO the Science Place. I loved it when my aunt took me there when I was down to see her when I was 8. I went again while I was an intern too.

michelle said...

You are so blessed to have family so close. My kids get on the webcam with their cousins every Sunday for their cyberspace 'play date'. Thank the Lord for technology!

Kim said...

Cousins are the Best!! We have 13 under the age of 12 and they are all buds, go to the same school, church and just all around get along. We consider ourselves truely blessed.

Shanygne said...

I grew up with soo many cousins...and we had a blast all the time... I am sad that not only do my kids only have one cousin, but that he is 18 hours away and only 1. When we move, we are looking forward to much more time with little Blake and the other cousins to come!!