Friday, January 12, 2007

Baby Noah Steven


Baby Noah Steven
Originally uploaded by °Beth.
Sweet Baby Noah. He has lived almost all of his young life at a Children's hospital. Today he will be taken off of life support.

It doesn't take more than a casual stroll down the halls of a Children's hospital to recognize the enemy's assault on humanity is continuous. While he mercilessly reigns in this corrupt and evil world, there is an ever-increasing longing in my heart for Jesus to come and take up His rightful throne. While sitting at this computer I can close my eyes and almost hear in the not so distant distance . . . . 'Now the dwelling of God is with men, and He will live with them. They will be His people, and God Himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away . . .’ (Revelation 21:3-4).

I don’t know about all of you, but with renewed urgency, I don’t want to idly sit back and allow the enemy to continue gaining ground. I want to press in ever closer to the Father and live my life in such a way that I play a part in advancing His kingdom on the earth. It was Jesus who said, ‘ . . . the kingdom of heaven has been forcefully advancing, and forceful men lay hold of it.’ Oh to be numbered with those who forcefully lay hold of His kingdom!

9 comments:

Shanygne said...

I needed to hear that today... as much as I FEEL the urgency and desire to press in, for some reason I am having a hard time living it out...

I woke this morning with the thought "today is the day"...for Adrienne and Jason... I cannot imagine what they must be going thru...

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful post Beth. You said it so well and encouraged us all to move forward and live every moment for Christ.

Anonymous said...

Well preached, Beth! Onward Christian soldiers. May we all be dressed in our armor and ready for the battle!

Anonymous said...

I can't say I know how it feels..but i know someone who does!!! those are the times were that young baby is going to witnes God...

Kim said...

I believe that is exactly what Jason and Adrienne want to come of Noah's life, people to desire to serve God like they never have before. A beautiful post.

michelle said...

Thanks for your timely words of exhortation and encouragement. I found Friday very difficult (as I know it was for so many) I did not want Jason and Ade to have to 'let go'. I found myself praying for a ram in the thicket. Regardless the outcome my trust is in God alone and my urgency renewed!

michelle said...

Realizing the ram in the thicket was not the best analogy. Perhaps better stated- praying for a last minute miraculous intervention interrupting the expected natural events unfolding...and/or a miracle!

My prayers are with Jason and Ade!

Anonymous said...

I want to thank you for posting the link to Noah Steven's blog. Because of you I have been able to follow along with the Graves family's journey since the beginning. Thank you for your encouraging words and giving me the opportunity to pray for others.

SC gal

P.S. I enjoy reading about your family!

Sohailah said...

I am with you. I HATE the enemies taunts and blatant and visible destruction... I was just reading the other day that God is sovereign... yes, He is... and I am ready to see His hand in the land of the living.