Thursday, December 21, 2006

‘Tis The Season


Jonathan
Originally uploaded by °Beth.
The other day I picked Jonathan up after school. He sang Christmas carols to Nicholas all the way home (30 minutes) while Nicholas laughed and laughed. Jonathan would probably sing 24/7 except for the small fact he has an eleven year old sister who doesn’t tolerate such things. Since she was at basketball practice, Jonathan sang his little heart out uninterrupted.

I was amazed how many Christmas carols he knew by heart. Like both David and I when we were kids, he knew all the verses many adults don’t even know. My favorite one was Angels We Have Heard On High. This was his version of the chorus.

Glor-or-or-or-ia, in a wax museum . . .

My little 8 year old had no idea he was singing it wrong.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sure hope he gets it right before he is 48. My husband still thinks he sings the right words to songs from his childhood. My kids crack up.
There was a cartoon on when we were kids called "Rough and Ready". The words to the song were, "They're rough and ready, always tough, but steady." He sings,"They're rough and ready, always tough spaghetti." Huh? I'm sure it was adorable when he was a little boy :)

Anonymous said...

SO Cute!

Shanygne said...

Too cute!

Does "hand me downs" mean you think I'm having a boy?" If I am, I'll take em! I won't find out for about a month and a half...

THanks for thinking of me!

Anonymous said...

This is too cute!!!! I wish you could record his voice and post it so we could all hear him sing!

michelle said...

Isn't that how it goes? :-)

Lisa H said...

I'm with Michelle--let's all hear it! Maybe you could do a short little video and post it here! :) Loved J's version of the song!

Anonymous said...

I am so ready to get out of town...and bond with Nicholas Walker...I am starting the campaign really soon, so once I juggle my schedule, I will see when I can come out!

Heidi Jo Comes said...

That must be like "Olive the other reindeer."
Kids rule!

Anonymous said...

I could hear him sing 24/7 too!