Friday, November 03, 2006

Sleep Deprivation


Nicholas
Originally uploaded by °Beth.
This sweet little guy is the reason I’m feeling rather melancholy—I’m exhausted!

For diversion (and because it fits my mood) I’ve been listening to Paul McCartney’s new classical CD Behold My Heart.

Though Nicholas has been sleeping pretty well (seven hour stretches), I have become far too acquainted with 3:00am. I think if I could sleep for 12 hours, uninterrupted for about 3 weeks straight . . . maybe I would start feeling like my normal self again.

But until then let’s hear it for great music . . . and caffeine!

5 comments:

michelle said...

He is soo cute! My heart goes out to you...those middle of the night feedings are hard.

I'm feeling it too, my kids continue to wake us up at 5:00 a.m., for what reason I can't determine. I have the caffine part down perhaps I should try a new CD!

Shanygne said...

So Sorry!!! Though last night they woke me up twice, usually, we are sleeping again... but Ethan seems to love the 6:00 hour... and I hate it!

I'll be praying for you!!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful little face to wake up to! My kids were awful sleepers, two never slept through until they were a year and Jenna was one and a half. When you are in the midst of it all it seems like it will never end. Now I lay awake and wait for the door to close at late hours of the night. Precious Nicholas, he will grow so fast. When he wakes at night remember to pray for those teenage years :)

Leah said...

I was feeling sorry for myself because our puppy woke me up at 7am this morning (on a Sat!!). I'll stop that now and treasure the sleep while I still have it.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Beth, on your beautiful gift from God! Don't know if you'll remember me after these many years - I helped you move into your first apartment when you and Dave came to Tulsa to work with Teen Mania. Shanna Estigoy (now Gonzalez).