Monday, November 27, 2006

Everybody Needs A Favorite


Jonathan, Cole and Ashley
Originally uploaded by °Beth.
Ice cream isn’t one of my more favorite foods, which is probably why you seldom see it in our freezer. The other day Cole was watching one of his beloved shows on television. When Zee asked, “What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?” the following interaction ensued.

Cole: “Mom, what is my favorite flavor of ice cream?”

Me: “I don’t know Cole. Do you like chocolate ice cream?”

Cole: “I don’t know. I’ve never tried it.”

This of course made me realize I’m a really bad mom . . . and it also resulted in my first purchase of chocolate ice cream—Cole’s new favorite!

9 comments:

Lisa H said...

You're not a bad mom, just one who is missing out on the most important "food group" of all! :) My love of ice cream has definitely trickled down to my boys! Although, I don't think Henry would be able to pick a favorite. I think he actually just eats ice cream because he knows I like it--not because he does!

Anonymous said...

Don't feel bad, I don't like ice cream either, but I've made up for it in many other food groups. My kids have found their own way to Marble Slab all on their own :)

Anonymous said...

I love it that you went out and bought it for him. You are a GREAT mom for doing that!

betsy said...

Oh man. Sounds like you run a healthy kitchen!

Shanygne said...

So does Cole ask for it every day, now, or is he okay now that he's had the experience??

Love how much Cole loves his big brother...so cute!

Karenkool said...

HAHAHA well that's not as bad as having your children ask if we were Christians and telling a friend who asked, "No" because she didn't THINK we were. Oh Lord. I think I'd rather her be confused as to what her favorite ice cream was... haha!

Unknown said...

Sounds to me like you've been a great mom...saving your kids from all those chemicals! I loved the picture...Cole is looking SO old!

michelle said...

So glad you bought him some...I might of called Social Services if you didn't. :-)

Anonymous said...

Gavin DeGraw is a singer...Oon is a friend who just passed the New York bar...and I am tired.. :(