Thursday, August 10, 2006

Saved By The Bell!


First day of school
Originally uploaded by Beth.
Today my kids go back to school! Where has the summer gone? I must admit, this is the first year I’m actually READY for this momentous occasion. I think it has something to do with being SO pregnant and believing my doctor when she said this baby was going to be born about a week and a half ago!

I’m not very pleasant to live with at present. I’m pretty sure my kids are glad to be going back as well!

Ashley, who loves the social aspects of school, is now in the fifth grade (gasp!). Jonathan, our total academician, is in the second. He actually cries when Ashley gets homework and he doesn’t. (Can this really be my child?!)

Cole, of course, is having a rough morning. He too wants to go to school and hates it that his siblings are now gone. I’m planning on trying what I did for Jonathan a few years back when he was in this same situation—put together a backpack full of “school supplies” and pack his lunch in a lunch box. Let’s hope this puts that big grin of his back on his sweet little face!

13 comments:

Michelle said...

I know I should say something encouraging to you, but all I can think about is WHY ARE YOUR KIDS STARTING SCHOOL NOW AND MINE WAIT 2 AND A HALF MORE WEEKS! Don't get me wrong. I have really enjoyed this sumer with the kids, but I am starting to get a little stir crazy and am ready for them to go back.

Anonymous said...

are you going to be pleasant for me when i come???

Michelle said...

I just told Jackson that the Hasz children went back to school today. His immediate response was, "Poor kids."

Lisa H said...

I can't believe it's back-to-school time already! It seems so early! Poor Cole. I'll bet he has a great welcome for his siblings when they get home this afternoon!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Jenna doesn't go back until after Labor Day. Poor little Cole, it's rough being the little guy :(

Shanygne said...

I do that with emily sometimes... since she is homeschooled (we just finished day #2 of third grade) she doesn't get to do stuff like lunch boxes and backpacks, so some days we will just put her stuff in a bp and "pack" her lunch... it's fun!

Shanygne said...

Come on over! Maybe laughing at all the STUFF in there will put you into labor!

Anonymous said...

Move here, they have year-round schooling. :-) Blake is like Cole, so wants to go to "big" school like his sister!

Beth, it is time for Castor Oil!

Michelle F

Anonymous said...

I hope you take a laptop to the hospital so we don't miss out on your blogs when you have this baby! : ) Priorities!

Michelle said...

I agree with Michelle Franzen. DRINK THE CASTOR OIL! We need some baby news:-)

Karenkool said...

Castor oil and orange juice!!! It worked like a charm (so to speak)for my sister! I was never so bold or eager to try it.

SCHOOL ALREADY???? We are like in the peak of our summer right now. I can't even imagine school yet.

Anonymous said...

Hey Hasz family!

Can't wait to hear about the baby news! I love reading your blog. I just wanted to say that your kids are so cute. I hope they have a great school year.
Lisa Masri

Unknown said...

School time for Ashley and Jay. They were so excited last week already for school. What a blessing! Poor Cole...great idea of yours to pack him school supplies. How is he doing? We keep waiting for a phone call. Hope to see you tonight...or rather...don't hope to see you!