Friday, August 04, 2006

Do You Really Need A Reason?


Random sign
Originally uploaded by Beth.
If you are driving down the road and happen upon a sign such as this one, do you . . .

A. Not even notice it because you’re the type of driver who keeps his hands on the wheel and eyes on the road. (And besides, you’ve got better things to do.)

B. Do a double-take and try to figure out why it is there?

C. Ignore it because it gives no reason as to why you should call?

D. Dial him up just because the sign says to?

My dear husband, OF COURSE, opted for D—he got an answering machine that still gave no clue as to why one should call.

(I wonder how much the guy pays to advertise on that sign?!)

6 comments:

Michelle said...

That's hilarious!!!! Thanks for a good laugh:-)

Anonymous said...

This has to be another "only in Texas" kinda thing, right? Although, we live on the road to a park and there's been a sign at the end of our road for weeks now that says "Sasha's open house". Our cat's name is Josha and someone asked the other day why we were having an open house for our cat...Hello, do we look like backwoods people from E.Texas? :)

Lisa H said...

I've seen that sign and wondered too, but I guess I fall into the category of too many other things to do! Love that David would call it! Very funny!

Michelle said...

I can't believe I was wrong. I had a gut feeling that today would be the day you would give birth.....I hope you don't have to wait too much longer. I mixed castor oil with sugar and ate it. I was in labor by the afternoon. (I did this with 2 of my pregnancies:-) Hey- tell Kelly or someone to call me when you go to the hospital. I want to be praying for you!

Anonymous said...

I guess I am the type that just doesn't give it much thought since there is no reason listed...

But now I will be on the lookout, and maybe a little more curious!!

Of course, Kelly, you would find out!

I'm sure you are sick of the question, but no baby yet?? Is your friend here, yet? When is your actual due date?
Shanygne

Unknown said...

That is so funny...sounds so like David! I was an a...never saw the sign