Thursday, July 27, 2006

Morning People!


So happy in the morning
Originally uploaded by Beth.
This morning at 6:43 I woke up to, “Dunt, duna, dunh!!!” Cole was going from room to room playing his fake trumpet in order to wake everyone up. He hates not being able to share the joy of the morning with everyone in his near vicinity. He came into our room with a huge grin yelling, “Hi Dad! Hi Mom! Hi, hi, hi!”

David was already up and out the door. His day of late starts at 4:45 in that he is leading corporate exercise for the interns.

I am usually coherent by 6:43 as well . . . but last night I was up most of the night trying to figure out whether the contractions I was having were actually the real deal or just enough irritation to keep me awake. (I guess it was the latter).

My little morning boy is now standing on a barstool in front of an open refrigerator, doing a little dance and trying to figure out what flavor of yogurt he would like to start his day with.

For everyone who is not yet wedded, I’d like to give you a little advice and fair warning: If you marry a happy-go-lucky, irritatingly chipper morning person who likes to whistle things like “Dixie” before the sun is even up, your offspring might turn out the same!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Yeah! I'm laughing at this one! It sounds just like my house did many years ago. What a great picture!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT! I am a morning person, but it goes to such waste since I spend all my energy in class at 8:00...this upcoming semester will be the first time EVER I don't have 8:00's...maybe I will finally start going to the gym, doubtful, but who knows :)

Michelle said...

haha yeah I never understood why Mr.Hasz was always in a happy/joking mood at 5am...I dont get morning people :)

Lisa H said...

Isn't it funny how people can be such opposites? Sam and I are that way too (except in our situation, I'm the morning one!). And ours kids...we have one of each!

Shanygne said...

If my kids are up at 6:43, I am very sad... and it takes me all day, without success, to wake up... thankfully, I usually have until 7:30 for the fun to begin, unless I have to keep the car, then up by 7... I hope I can maintain this "late" waking hour... at least until we have another baby... yeah, thinking about it...
thinking about you a lot, too, these days... praying all goes well for you!

Anonymous said...

I am definitely not a morning person. Hang in there though - when he hits his teenage years he will probably go thru a "sleep all the time" period:-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for adding a link to my site on your home page:-)

Unknown said...

Get him working on the bugle so he can play "Revelie" or however you spell that! at grandkids camp in a few years!