Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Can You Blame A Mom For Trying?


Hungry boy!
Originally uploaded by Beth.
In one of my many attempts at helping my kids understand the needs of the world, I don’t allow them to use the phrase, “I’m starving.” Since sadly there are children in the world who are starving, I encourage them to simply say they are hungry.

This morning Cole and I had the following interaction:

Cole: “Mom, can I have some yogurt?”

He quickly ate the dish of yogurt I gave him and then asked for some more.

Me: “You must really be hungry.”

Cole: With a slight rolling of the eyes while gesturing with his hand for emphasis, he said, “Mom, I WISH I could say ‘starving’.”

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Jenna used to say, "I'm so hungry because I haven't eaten since the last time I ate." That one always made me laugh. Cole it just too cute :)

Unknown said...

I love it...I just read the Taco Sauce blog...laughed out loud!

Anonymous said...

So cute. It was good to talk to Dave tonight at Chili's--such good memories at that place with you guys!! It's so stinkin' hot here it must be CRAZY hot there--good time to be pregnant, huh. :) Let's keep in touch! (The picture on my site is Kate.)

Lisa H said...

I love the picture you put on this one! Cole is such a cutie. Henry is so excited about his new kitten! Thanks again. We were glad to be able to meet up with you tonight!

Anonymous said...

You're kids are ADORABLE Mrs. Hasz...I always love watching them when I see them!