Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Brotherly Love


My sweet boys
Originally uploaded by Beth.
I knew this day would one day come . . . I just didn’t think it would come quite so soon. I was working in the kitchen when I heard a muffled, “Mom, help.” It was Jonathan. He was lying on the living room floor covered in a blanket. Cole was sitting on his head with a huge grin—he wouldn’t get off.

My seven year old pacifist will let his little brother get away with anything. He never fights back and usually just laughs at the things Cole does. Cole of course thinks Jonathan is the most wonderful person in the world! He wants to be just like him. The only difference between them is Jonathan has always been the sweet, loving, and tenderhearted type. Though I see these traits in Cole, Cole also has a high need for action, roughness, speed and daring. Wrestling someone to the floor who is bigger than him is his idea of a great time.

I couldn’t have asked for a better big brother for Cole than Jonathan. He is patient with him and takes the time to teach him all the things he learns. He loves to read to him and will always play games with him—even when Cole is too young to really know how to play. A frequent question of Cole’s is, “Mom, when will I grow up to be a Jonathan?” I guess I couldn’t say it any better than that.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet! I miss your kids...I still remember when I wouldn't put Jonathan down in his crib so I could just hold him...even when my arms would go numb, sigh, I am old...are you sure he is seven???

Michelle said...

Oh, my heart just melted when I read Cole's question about being Jonathan when he grows up. That is too precious! Are you sure your kids are not perfect? They sure seem perfect to me :-)

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how much they've grown up...I can't wait to see them again. They'll probably be shy around me, though, since they've changed so much and gotten so much older!

Anonymous said...

It was Brenda B. and I think that I might have a chance to get her to start blogging...she is back from Europe (it wasn't so glamorous, she got sick on her cruise-so sad) but is in Atlanta for the weekend speaking...I already miss her. Anyways, you don't have to fly to me...I will come to you. I can't let there be a Hasz baby who hasn't met me now can I?

Michelle said...

That is so cute~! My brother and I are 10 months apart. I remember wanting to be like him.

Anonymous said...

Could there be kids anywhere cuter than yours? I can't wait to see pictures of brother #3 when he gets here.

Shanygne said...

What a great tribute to a big brother...I hope he always wants to be like him and that Jonathan is always someone to be emulated...I have not doubts...

Love you!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.