Saturday, May 27, 2006

Take Me Out to the Ballgame


The optimistic fan
Originally uploaded by Beth.
School’s out! What a fun time of year. Ashley and Jonathan are quite happy about their two month break—and Cole is nearly beside himself with joy. He loves having his siblings at home.

Last night we went to a Ranger’s game to celebrate the occasion. There is something about baseball that makes me giddy. I love the smells, sounds, and fun of a ballpark. Maybe it’s because some of my fondest memories from childhood consisted of road trips to Cincinnati, staying at fun hotels, and watching the Reds play.

The kids had a blast. We downed hotdogs, peanuts, nachos, cokes, pretzels, and cotton candy. (Thanks to Uncle Jon who got us a really good deal!) The Rangers did us right and beat the Oakland Athletics 5 to 3.

It’s fun making special memories with our kids. Someday they’ll too look back and reminisce about the smells, sounds, and fun of a ballpark. Maybe, just maybe they’ll remember more of the things we did right than the ones we missed it on.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man, I am so sad I could not make it!! Sounds like you had a great time!

Anonymous said...

Alicia is counting the days until she comes home to see her favorite ball player. He promised to take her to a Detroit Tigers game because she has never been to one. You are right, there is nothing quite like it! She did go to a game with TM and sat with Dave and Jonathan and had a blast. Jonathan made some hillarious comments that day that she shared with us and we all laugh about it from time to time.

Anonymous said...

What fun memories they will have with their family. That's really awesome to want to make memories for you kids. You seem like such a great mom!!

Shanygne said...

Is that LEVI next to Ashley!??!! I can't believe how much they have grown since i had that little 2 year old boy in my home... I wish he could remember all the memories I have of him, too... what a joy he was and such a great "guinea pig" for having my own kids!

Anonymous said...

I am so in for Pizza Hut!!!

Michelle said...

Oh, I miss those Ranger games! How fun for you to go with the whole family!

Anonymous said...

WOW! I can't believe how grown up the kids look... I should be in town next weekend with A immersion so hopefully I will get a chance to see you guys around campus. Thanks for dropping a note on my Xanga and keeping in touch!
- Tiffany