Friday, May 19, 2006

Celebrating His Goodness


Happy Kids!
Originally uploaded by Beth.
“They will celebrate Your abundant goodness and joyfully sing of your righteousness.” Psalm 145:7

We’re very blessed to have the rich community of Teen Mania for our kids to grow up in. They have amazing role models to watch and learn from. I often see them emulate the characteristics and traits of these integrity driven young people who aspire to please God in all they do.

This weekend is Teen Mania’s Celebration Retreat. This is our kids’ favorite thing that happens at Teen Mania. They talk about it all year long. I can’t tell you how ecstatic they are. Ashley’s having a friend spend the night tonight so she can join them for the fun. Her questions for me went something like this:

Ashley: “Mom, can we get Domino’s Pizza Friday night?”
Me: “Sure, sounds great.”
Ashley: “Can Megan and I make brownies?”
Me: “Sure, sounds like fun.”
Ashley: “Can Megan and I sleep in the guest room?”
Me: “Sure, that would be perfect.”

Her requests are not usually so easy to grant and she was a bit surprised at how well it was going.

Ashley: “Can I have horse?”

That was a nice try. I have answered “no” to that particular question so many times I am weary. I have now come up with the best answer for all of “those” kind of questions. If you’re a mom you might want to borrow it . . .

Me: “Of course you can.”
Ashley: “Gulp, really?”, with a quizzical, are you feeling okay, look.
Me: “Yes, when you grow up and have your own ranch, you can have as many horses as you like!”

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Great answer Beth! I'm definitely going to borrow that one :-)