Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Bits of My Weekend-Volume 4

Our lives have been so very full lately. This past weekend Ashley finished up a week at Teen Mania’s Extreme Camp and then Jonathan took off for a week at Sky Ranch’s Be*Volution Camp. I’m getting so good at the laundry-pack-unpack-laundry routine.





This is a sweet little guy who was with us for a couple of weeks. Over the weekend we said our goodbyes. Our house feels so empty without him . . . but he is now with family and that’s a good thing.



We celebrated Father’s Day quite late as David was in California for a wedding on the actual day. Ashley (being at camp) missed the celebration. As the kids get older it’s harder and harder to all be at the same place at the same time.



David missed his birthday to boot . . . so on Saturday we celebrated at my sister’s in-laws’ house . . . always such fun.











Oh and one really great tip I discovered over the weekend: If your kids are begging for a bucket of army men (after seeing Toy Story 3), it’s $15 at Walmart. But if you go just two aisles over you can purchase a far better set of army men for $3 . . . it just doesn’t say “Toy Story 3” on the label. : )



It feels to me like the summer is flying by . . . so nice to capture a few bits of it here. Be sure and check out more bits at my good friend, Michelle’s.

6 comments:

Danielle said...

Wow! I so admire you guys for fostering! I love the idea of helping kids like that...I really hope it's the cards for us at some point.

And i LOVE grandparent camp! Your in laws are so creative!!

michelle said...

What a fun weekend! And Ashley is stunning. So gorgeous! How did our kids grow up so fast?

Heidi Jo Comes said...

my goodness those boys are too stinkin' cute. sounds like you've had some crazy, busy, wonderful weeks!

Anonymous said...

Sounds wonderful!

Ashley just continues to become more and more beautiful!

Did you get to see Alicia while she was down by you? I haven't talked to her yet, but excited to hear how her Mexico trip went.

As for the kids getting older and the hard part of all being together, we spent our first holiday (Father's Day) with no kids. It was kinda sad.

Jen said...

I hear ya on the older they get the harder it is to be in one spot. This summer we find ourselves going in diff directions. Between camp, boy scouts, church, swimming lessons, tball, and tennis......it gets crazy!!!

That little guy is so stinkin cute!!! I wanted to just squeeze those cheeks! Glad you guys are having a great summer and I can't believe how big your kiddos are getting!!!

michelle said...

Okay Nicholas is perhaps the cutest little guy I know. The others are all adorable too and Ashley just beautiful.

Thinking that if I tinted Blake's hair red, he and Jonathan would look like twins. Tall, skinny and freckles. :)

hugs!