Monday, May 24, 2010

Bits of My Weekend-Volume 1



Though I always read Michelle’s Volumes on “Bit’s of her Weekend," I never seem to have pictures at the end of mine. But alas, after a long few days in Dallas, I woke up this morning with something like 102 pictures on my camera to choose from . . . so here’s a few bits of my own:

We started of at the beautiful Arboretum and Botanical Garden.







One really should start early in the morning, because it is such a wonderful place, quite large, and quite pricey if you’re only there for a couple of hours . . . which unfortunately we were—but we had so much fun we were glad we went.



We stayed at the beautiful Crown Plaza where we got to swim lots and enjoy local Dallas restaurants like this sweet little Chinese place.



The kids all wanted a Denny’s Grand Slam for breakfast.



And here I lost my the argument with the five others in my party and had to smell the almost irresistible aroma of Steak and Shake (I took in a veggie sandwich from Subway).





We were all having such a great time until Nicky accidentally ran into the metal bar which was just at the height of his forehead. A lady at a nearby table ran out to her medical supply van and gave us some instant ice packs—so sweet . . . and helpful as Nicky’s forehead was quickly becoming a goose egg. Though this picture doesn't show it, he cried and cried—but when David pulled the camera out, this was his attempt at a smile.



We also took in a little shopping at Grapevine Mills Mall.



We ended our stay in Dallas by attending a Firestorm Conference with Kevin Dedmon who is a pastor at Bethel Church in Redding, California. Having just read both of his books, “The Ultimate Treasure Hunt” and “Unlocking Heaven,” I was so excited to get to go. He taught on being people who bring Heaven to earth so that His will can be done on earth as it is in Heaven.

At one point during the conference we broke up into teams to go "Treasure Hunting". We took 10 minutes to ask God to give us "clues" and then used the "clues" like a treasure map as we went into the community looking for "treasure" (people who needed a touch from the Lord). Our little team, David, Marybeth (my mother-in-law) and I, ended up having 12 encounters. It totally blew us away how the "clues" on our list would open us up to the most amazing opportunities to bless complete strangers with God's goodness and love. Truly it was one of the best weekends of my life . . . and so nice to now have these little "bits" to remember it by!

10 comments:

michelle said...

Hooray! A blog post from the Hasz family! I'm so happy:-)
Looks like you all had a wonderful weekend. I just can't believe how big your kids are!

Just Mom said...

I ditto what Michelle said, including the part about your kiddos growing so much.

It's great to have you blogging again. :-D

Heidi Jo Comes said...

okay, so seeing an updated blog from here just made my day!

while you were away (non-blogging) your kids grew up! oh my.

so glad to see you all!

Leah M said...

Love the photos of your beautiful family!

Stephanie Griffioen said...

Sounds like a wonderful and relaxing weekend! So glad your family was able to get away and have a good time :-)

Dayna said...

It has been YEARS since I've had a Denny's Grand Slam! Wow! Your family is adorable. We've been to Grapevine Mills before, I think, when we visited family in Dallas. Time flies. I'm glad you had such a memorable trip.

michelle said...

Woo-hoo a haszblah and a wonderful one at that.

Now I have some books to add to my amazon order. :) I love your recommends!

Lacy said...

Great to read and "see" about your life again!! sounds like a great weekend!

Danielle said...

I loved seeing updated pictures of your family, Beth! Everyone looks soo great! I also am going to be getting one or both of those books. My biblestudy group has been looking for a new book! Thanks!

Jen said...

So glad to see you blogging again! I can't believe how grown up your daughter looks!!! They all have grown up so fast!! Sounds like you guys had a wonderful time and glad you were able to have a family vacation. They are always priceless!