Monday, December 17, 2007

The Holidays Are Here

Ah, it’s that time of year. It is exactly one week until Christmas Eve . . . meaning today is our anniversary and Cole’s birthday! The holidays—all jumbled together.

Since we will be having a birthday party for Cole tonight, our anniversary celebration will be moved to a more conducive date. Personally, I'm hoping for a visit to Mr. Simmon's house—a minister who restores old and rare clocks in his garage. Since we've been in the market for a Cuckoo Clock for quite some time, David's parents recommended we give him a call. They discovered him when they needed some repair work done on their own Cuckoo Clock—a Hasz family antique brought over many years back from Germany.

David did give Mr. Simmons a call the other day; it went something like this:

David: Hello Mr. Simmons, we were wondering if you have any Cuckoo Clocks.

Mr. Simmons: I surely do. I've got an eight day Cuckoo Clock . . . and then I've got a DANDY! (Think thick Texas draw).

His DANDY has me intrigued. Since he is only about an hour away, I'm lobbying (via my blog) that a visit to Mr. Simmon's is how we celebrate . . . of course, with dinner at a great restaurant somewhere on the way.

Happy Anniversary Babe! Fourteen years of wedded bliss.

12 comments:

michelle said...

After 14 years of marriage you deserve a Dandy Cucko Clock and a really NICE dinner! :-)

Happy Anniversay to you and Happy Birthday to Cole!

Ali and Johnathon said...

Wow what a packed day. I LOVE the dancing Cole from a few posts back! I can't wait to show it to lulu!
I have to say...we got your Christmas card in and I think your hair cut and style is perfect! Lulu and I both said the same thing as soon as we looked at the picture "ahh I love Beth's hair" lol! what a beautiful family! Merry Christmas...I might get my Christmas cards out before the 25th
...we shall see. =)

Lisa H said...

Happy Birthday Cole!

Happy Anniversary David and Beth!

What a great day. I hope you get the trip to Mr. Simmon's house and a great dinner this week! :)

It was great to see you the other night at the gala. Maybe one of these days we can actually get together again for cards or something! :)

Heidi Jo Comes said...

happy anniversary! that wedding dress is GORGEOUS. if i could do it all over again, i'd get married during the holiday's NO QUESTION. the decor is right up my alley and so available.

happy birthday to precious cole too. what a special combination of days.

i think that an 8 day cucko clock would say volumes in love languages, like, "i love you enough for 8 days a week.":0)

Anonymous said...

A cuckoo clock? I grew up with one of those and always loved it. I haven't thought about it in years.

I hope that awesome husband of your comes through and you get your treasured clock.

Promise that there will be no posts about the clock driving you nuts down the road, hehe.

Happy Birthday to wonderful, entertaining Colie! Another treasure!!!

Just Mom said...

A Happy Anniversary and a Happy Birthday on the same day???? COOL!

Can't wait for the photos. :-D

Nicole said...

Happy Anniversary!! You know when I was single 14 years sounded like forever....now it is only a few years away for us! Where does the time go??

I love you guys and pray this next year is more fulfilling than you can even imagine!

"However, as it is written:
"No eye has seen,
no ear has heard,
no mind has conceived
what God has prepared for those who love him" 1 Cor 2:9

Jen said...

Congrats on 14 years! Craig and I will be married 10 in Sept. and I am hoping for a plain ticket somewhere warm!!!! Happy Birthday to Cole too! You have a busy week ahead of you!

Heidi Stevens said...

dearest Beth,

happy-happy anniversary to you and Dave and happiest of b-days to mr. Cole. Wow, everyone is growing up so much! I always love to receive your Christmas newsletter and it just BLESSES my HEART that you still remember me. Britney Moore and I have a little apartment here in Tyler and we put your family pic up in our Christmas tree.
You all look great-Ashley is so tall!!

Merry-Merry Christmas to the Hasz family and hopefully I'll see you sometime soon.

Hoping to maybe (possibly, God-willing) go overseas to teach English in the fall. much love~
hs

Unknown said...

14 years! Hardly seems possible...what a glorious day that was and such a beautiful wedding. We love you guys so much! I can't wait to see what you find in the Simmons shop. Congrats and love to you both!

Unknown said...

ANd Cole...Happy Birthday to him! I have his birthday gift wrapped on the table but will wait until after NEw Years so it doesn't all get lost in the Christmas celebrations.

Anonymous said...

I miss you guys so much :(