Thursday, August 02, 2007

Movin’ On Up

So the night before we were planning on leaving to spend a few days in Dallas, I was doing some last minute washing and packing. Suddenly without warning I heard a very loud crunching/groaning sound coming from my washing machine.

I immediately thought of Heidi Jo who would certainly call a repairman. But after David took a shot at his repair skills—followed by a shower of nuts, bolts and an assortment of other seemingly important parts cascading onto the floor . . . we decided to take a little trip to Lowes.

Drumroll please: This is the FIRST time in our lives we have ever purchased a BRAND NEW washer and dryer. And since I do laundry non-stop 24 hours around the clock (okay maybe I exaggerate, but sometimes it feels like it) just to keep up with this large household, I am VERY pleased with our selection. The salesman told me you could not possibly put too many clothes in at one time.

It truly does hold a tremendous amount of laundry. And, since they are front loaders, evidently our purchase will pay for itself in the amount of money we are suppose to save on water and electricity—needs less water and takes a much shorter time to dry. Most of all, I will be able to do more laundry in less time. Woo Hoo!!!

So although I have become an avid fan of Heidi Jo’s wit and wisdom, I’m hoping she will understand—I think we made the right decision this time. But, you'll be proud to know, a repairman is coming out this week to work on our oven. See Heidi, I really DO take your advice!

16 comments:

Sohailah said...

YIPPEE! I am so glad for you - maybe Dave couldn't fix the old one because it wasn't high enough in the air. He strikes me more as an "overhead fix-it guy".

Jen said...

NICE!!! I would love to someday have a set of those!!! Now laundry should be kinda of fun. Kinda.

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a beautiful sight! I dream of owning a washer and dryer that big and nice...one day. You will have to tell us if it really takes less time.

JaydensJourney said...

Wooo Hooo! Those are very cool and you got the pedastals too. I hope laundry goes quickly...now if they could just come up with a machine to fold...

Unknown said...

My sister-in-law has that set and they are so cool.. I did a load and just watched in wonder while it did its magic. Happy washing.. or watching, I should say. :)

Danielle said...

Ya, you have to give us an update and tell us if it really does all the sales guy promised! They are very pretty...

Andrea said...

You'll LOVE them! I certainly LOVE mine!! Enjoy!

Heidi Jo Comes said...

are you kidding me? i would so be all over a new set if i had the chance...i am PART of that disposable society girl!

i over-load mine now just to shorten the life span of it so i can move on up to a fancy set like that:-) no really i don't intentionally over-load it, but i'm with you...large family-lots of laundry:-)

happy laundry-lady!

michelle said...

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbors wash machine and dryer....hee!

I am drooling over here!

Karenkool said...

Love those. I have front loaders too--but my husband was just mentioning about how all of his ritzy clients get TWO stackers. Now that would be something... to be able to do too large loads of laundry at once. It's just never enough, is it?

Nicole said...

I am feeling the celebration over here!! We went from the apartment style stackables (liiittle bity)to the front loaders 2 years ago!! It was absolutely life changing!! Well, not really but it still makes me happy to shove in all that clothes and pull them out half dry!!
Happy washing!!
Love you

Unknown said...

Half the drying time??? I would be all over that!! Our dryer is SOOOOOO slow.
Your set up looks awesome! I have those on my wish list.
Congrats on the new appliances!

Teresa said...

That last comment was from me....I had my niece babysit for us this weekend and didn't realize that her display name was still listed. She must have been doin' some bloggin'! :)

Unknown said...

Oh Beth...I love your blogs...and have not had time in a month to read any...so I'm catching up....I love all the stories....comments and pictures.

Anonymous said...

You will love these! I love mine. The only problem I've found is that the washer can smell a little funky after a while. It's that inner ring around the door that seems to stay full of water. Just a tip- leave the washer door open a little bit after you are done with it - then it will dry out.

But if your family of 6 is like mine - the washer is ALWAYS running! :-)

Anonymous said...

Nicholas looks so adorable in this picture!!!