Friday, June 01, 2007

The Rain Just Doesn’t End


Since Friday was our last day of school, we made our now annual trip to Dallas to watch the Rangers play. My sister and her family made the trip as well.

Unfortunately, we never made it out of the stadium parking lot. It starting raining so hard we decided the wetness was more than we could endure. So while other diehard fans waited out the lengthy rain delay and watched the drizzly game quite late, we opted for “Steak and Shake”, played cards in our hotel room, and purchased Charlotte’s Web on pay per view for the kids. In spite of the weather we had a great time.

Though the rain continues on . . . and on, and on . . . we never complain. Rain in East Texas is something we ALWAYS need. Since we usually experience drought, (followed by many dead trees—we currently have 7 from last year that need to come down) we are thankful indeed!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heard you guys have been getting loads of rain. Lindsey was just wondering about putting rain gutters on their house. She said as soon as they put them up it will be 100 degrees and everything will be burning up :)
I'm jealous that you were in Dallas. I can't wait until August..we are coming down to see Lindsey graduate from DBU. Hurray!

The kids are cute as ever. Did Nicholas get to come along?

Jen said...

My husband's family lives not far from Amarillo. Its called Dumas, TX right in the panhandle. I have only been in Dallas once and that was navigating my way through the HUGE airport! Next time we are in TX I will have to look you up!

Teresa said...

Plan B sounds so fun! Great job making the most of it. I am watching rain out my window right now. :)

Danielle said...

It's so good to see you back on line! We need to see some updated pictures of Nicholas too! I bet he is growing! Last time you left off, you were getting inspections for foster placement...Did you ever get more foster children placed with you?

Debbie said...

Steak and Shake is always a winner in my book. We don't have any out here. I love their greasy burgers -- are they still square?

Stolmit said...

I LOVE THE RAIN. Really, I do. There's nothing like a rainstorm to slow things down a bit, breathe in some fresh air and do something out of the ordinary with others - or by yourself. I LOVE THE RAIN.

I also love Steak & Shake. UM! We don't have that here in NYC.

Just Mom said...

That sounds like my kind of evening. Oh the game would have been fun too, but the quiet time (or at least the private time) with the kids is wonderful.

michelle said...

Sounds like a blast to me and I do remember the rain and lack of it. We exp. similar weather here!

The kids are soooo big...where has the time gone?