Sunday, December 24, 2006

Expectation


Noah Steven
Originally uploaded by °Beth.
It was unfortunate I had just applied my eye makeup as we drove toward David’s parents’ church for a candlelight Christmas Eve service. When I told David what I’d read a few hours earlier on Noah Steven’s blog—I couldn’t even get the words out without totally losing it. So, so sad.

Though Christmas is my favorite time of year, a heaviness lingers because of the burden I have for this sweet baby in Denver. I hardly even know his parents, yet I’ve come to know them well from reading their blog and praying for their son. I’ve experienced firsthand the overwhelming sadness of a Children’s hospital and the joy on the other side of a miracle. Maybe it’s because our babies are so close in age and it is easy to wonder, “Why theirs and not mine” . . . but I won’t have peace until his miracle comes.

During the service I was ever mindful of Noah. When the pastor’s wife asked if we were EXPECTING the miracle we needed, I had to admit to myself I was not. Tonight I’m trying to do a 180. I want to walk in anticipation of the miracle Noah needs. What a fitting way to celebrate the miracle God gave us on this night so many years ago. Will you celebrate with me and prayerfully EXPECT a miracle for Noah?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

i too pray for noah daily. though it may sound strange, i feel as though his family is woven into ours now... i believe God does this with people, burdens your heart for them so that you won't forget to pray... i have a son who is three months and i too wonder why him and not mine..
thank you for the reminder... to continue to pray- but praying as one with hope, and for a miracle. i've seen God do miracles... i need to be reminded of that!
thank you
Merry Christmas
Heather
www.xanga.com/hippmama

Karenkool said...

I've been thinking and praying--hoping and believing for a miracle for Noah today, as well! I feel such a powerful love from the Graves family. Amazing, isn't it?

betsy said...

Beth,
You are right on. I check Noah's blog relentlessly, and I'm continually in awe of Adrienne's attitude, persistence and hope.
I am believing for a miracle of healing for this family too.

Anonymous said...

I am thinking yes...because I need to start the new year with cute Nicholas Walker by my side :) I will let you know for sure soon!

Kim said...

Thank you for your kind reminder of Noah and our need to pray for him and his family. On Wed 27 our church (Jason's home church) spent the day in prayer for Noah. It was really great. God is still in the miracle business. Thankgoodness!

michelle said...

We are believing and expecting too!!

Unknown said...

I had to catch up on about a month worth of your blogs...and I love every one! You are such a great writer and I love staying in touch with you all this way. THanks! I, too, am praying for Noah...Lord...He needs your miraculous healing touch! You and David, Ashley, Jay, Cole and Nicholas are SUCH a tremendous blessing to us! We LOVE YOU!

Sohailah said...

I am unfamiliar with NOah's story, but because of your post, am going to go out and read it. I have also been challenged as to whether I TRULY believe God CAN and WILL do miracles - and I have seen Him be SO faithful to me, over and over and over... thanks for the post