Monday, December 04, 2006

Dear Ashley,


President and Mrs. Bush
Originally uploaded by °Beth.
We welcome baby Nicholas! We are delighted to join your family in celebrating his arrival. He has already brought much happiness to those around him, and he has just gotten started!

Nicholas, we are glad you are now part of the wonderful American story. Our Nation holds great opportunities for you. May you make the most of your unique gifts and may happiness and love surround you always.

Thank you for remembering me in your prayers. Prayer gives us the opportunity to thank God for His many blessings. During this time in our Nation’s history, we pray for the safety of the men and women who fight for our freedom and for peace around the world.

May God bless you, and may God continue to bless America.

Sincerely,
George and Laura Bush

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

SO great! What a wonderful thing to do writing him the letter...and you got a response with a picture!

shannon said...

I am so impressed the Prez of the U.S. would write back. That is so cool! He seems like he could be my friend . . . maybe that's weird.

Karenkool said...

AWESOME!!!! Is that for real???

Beth said...

It truly is for real. This is the second time she has written him—both times he wrote back and enclosed a picture. This time he also included pictures of Miss Beasley and Barney (his dogs), Airforce One, the White House and Willie (his cat). He also included lots of fun government facts, tons of fun stickers and a card for Nicholas' baby book.

If your kids have never written him, you should encourage them to do so—the letter back is something they can keep forever.

President Bush
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20500

Anonymous said...

When I was planning my wedding I heard you can send an invite to the President and get a response - so I did! We got a nice card back congratulating us on our marriage and it had the official embossed presidential seal on it - but George and Laura's signatures were stamped on it (I guess I was expecting too much from the Leader of the Free World). :o)
~Molly

Leah said...

I wrote a letter to President Bush (Sr) when I was a kid letting him know I was concerned about all the animals I saw dead on the side of the road. I got a nice letter and picture back. I have no idea what happened to it, but wish I would have kept it.

Leah

Anonymous said...

Another reason to love the first family!!!