Saturday, July 08, 2006

Smiles, Smiles And More Smiles


Smiling again!
Originally uploaded by Beth.
In my theological world view, God cares about the details of our lives. The little girl who was going to take the calico kitten off our hands had a change of heart . . . or a least her parents did.

We now have one kitten going to my sister, one kitten going to David’s sister, one kitten going to J-Lynn (beloved baby-sitter and friend), and we all have high hopes Uncle Jon will be compelled to give the last one to Jordan. (Feel free to help us persuade him at “Keeping in Touch”—Kelly’s Xanga Site).

Our kids are quite happy about this arrangement in that they will be able to visit their kittens often.

I was wondering about it all today. Do you think God was moved by the tears of our kids? Did He intervene out of His great heart of compassion?

Part of me wants to think God has far bigger things to be concerned about—like North Korean missiles, Iraqi insurgents, terrorist cell groups . . . and yet, He is the same God who sees every sparrow that falls to the ground.

Yesterday we had tears; today we have smiles. God is good!

7 comments:

Michelle said...

What a cute story, Beth. I am also in awe of something else --- Ashley looks SO grown up and beautiful in that picture. She looks like a teenager! Oh my........

Anonymous said...

I've been trying to get my pictures to load and been unable. After reading your post I've decided to post without the photos. The words say enough. I didn't not write them, but they convey the wonders of our God! He does see even the smallest of things and he cares.

betsy said...

Man Cole is such a ham.
Beth your kids are soooo cute.
You are such a consistent blogger - and have captured so many day-to-day things online. Too bad you can't print it and put it all in an album for your kids to see one day!
(I was at the HA '99-'00 and found you thru Lily Kim's bumblings...just FYI)

Shanygne said...

What a great picture of the kids!
I think you could be right about God looking out for the wishes of kids... it's a beautiful thought. Me...I'd say "buck up, camper"...God? He's way nicer...and actually cares about pets...

Unknown said...

Very nicely stated! WHERE or where will the kittens end up? They are so cute.

Anonymous said...

Bad news on the kitten...Jon is saying no.

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested