Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Pass The Butter, Please!


Cole in the playroom
Originally uploaded by Beth.
The other day Cole fell asleep at 5:30 in the afternoon. Every parent knows this is not good. He slept right through dinner and then was wide awake when Ashley, Jonathan (and sadly, myself) were ready for bed. David therefore let him stay up a little later and watch a video in the playroom.

At one point Cole went to the pantry and helped himself to a bag of microwave popcorn. Without looking at the label, David made it for Cole and sent him back to the playroom. (I know, quite the life for a three year old!)

Shortly thereafter Cole came out of the playroom and said,

“Dad, this popcorn needs popcorn salt.”

Wondering how he even knew a random thing such as popcorn salt existed, he handed him the popcorn salt and sent him back to the playroom. David looked in the trash can and realized he had inadvertently made him the 94% fat-free brand we keep on hand for when my in-laws come over to play cards.

A few minutes later Cole came back and said, “Dad, this popcorn is terrible—you can have it!”

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with Cole. It's such a bummer that all the good stuff like butter and salt have to be bad for you!

Michelle said...

So funny! Hey- do you realize you are close to the 1000 mark on your profile views? I think you should plan a party when you hit that mark:-)

Unknown said...

What!!! You save that yucky popcorn for us! REally- thanks for thinking of us....we need to get together to play some more 500!

Anonymous said...

Alicia and I were looking at all the adorable pictures you've posted of the kids. They are so beautiful. We both just sat and smiled. Thanks for every post. You bless me everyday.

Lisa H said...

So young, and yet so old! I love that he would ask for popcorn salt! That's what I love too!

Shanygne said...

boy knows what is good!!

betsy said...

Ahahahah that's awesome.
Will my blogs get this good when I have kids? I hope!

Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»

Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»